Does Amazon app store support google apps?

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Title says it all, without any sideloading, can you simply download googles apps from the amazon app store?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It looks like the answer is a no. I did a search for some Google Apps on the Amazon app store (Gmail, Google keep, etc.) and didn't get results.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

izzy67

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
So why does Amazon think that people already in Apples or Android ecosystem would switch over?? And firefly and a 3d screen isn't changing someones decision!!

Posted via my Favorite Phone

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It looks like the answer is a no. I did a search for some Google Apps on the Amazon app store (Gmail, Google keep, etc.) and didn't get results.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Thanks. With that said, I fully expect this to fall flat on its face. It seems almost impossible to have a phone now a days without youtube, gmail, hangouts, google maps, google drive, etc. I didnt even name all the ones I use but data shows that at least google maps gmail and youtube are top apps on major platforms. Bummer

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I can't believe they would release a phone that cannot access google play. I understand why they might want to do this, but I think it will end up being a bad decision.

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I almost wish Amazon just did their own OS. I know its unrealistic bc you might end up with very little App support. But why make an OS on top of android only for it not to support google fully? Its like you are getting the worst from both worlds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20