What about FreeTime?

btwphx

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything about parental controls. In my experience and opinion, if you want to get the next generation deeply linked to your ecosystem, you NEED to have decent parental controls so parents (yes, like me) are willing to introduce their kids to the tech via their own device. iOS has parental controls that are ok, but WP and Android have a lot to be desired (we have all in our house: iOS, WP8, WinRT, Fire OS on an HDX, and a couple different versions of Android on LG phones). I'm not a fan of Apple, but when my daughter gets her first "smartphone", it's going to HAVE to have decent parental controls.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That is an interesting take on how to look at an OS. Not saying it is wrong, but it is interesting. For Android, are there any apps you have looked at to enhance the parental controls for your devices?

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Why worry about parental controls? Your daughter and her friends already know how to disable them!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!👍

joshua krempasky

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I use Funamo for Android, and I believe for Kindle Fire. It's the best option we've tried. It's $20, but you can add multiple devices, and has tons of control.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox