Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Messaging Problems

Since new [Thursday afternoon] my partner's Fire phone hasn't been able to send or receive a text message. It looks like they are being sent- they had a timestamp-- but nothing is getting to anyone in her contacts list.

Nor is she receiving messages. We've sent messages from several different phones. I asked for a 'delivery report' on the last few-- and they are still 'pending'.

During this time she hasn't had any trouble making phone calls or surfing the web--- or for that matter, talking to the relatively useless 'Mayday' operator. [May God bless you, Kim-- but you're in the wrong line of work.]

After what felt like an hour [maybe it was only 30 minutes]- Kim managed to reboot a data stream- and spent a lot of time hemming and hawing-- and filled out 'a ticket' where supposedly some real tech will call me in a couple days. I hope he doesn't text her.

At one point she said 'this might be a provider problem. . . .' then went offline for a minute- came back and went in another direction.

I might give Mayday another try today-- but in the meantime I've often found forums more help than the paid drones.

Anyone have any thoughts about what I might try?

Thanks

Default Re: Text Messaging Problems

Have you tried a different sms app? Check out Textra. It seems to work better than stock for my Note 3 and my gf's HTC one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Text Messaging Problems

Thanks-- I'll look at that app--

But in the meantime-- the 'problem' is solved. Seems that in the switch-over from a dumb phone to a 'smart' one-- AT & T changed the plan. She had unlimited data with her dumb phone-- not available with the new one. So somehow-- in their infinite wisdom, they gave her a new plan without messaging turned on.

I hope the mayday folks put 'check to see if they have messaging in their plan' in their script--