Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text Messaging Problems

Since new [Thursday afternoon] my partner's Fire phone hasn't been able to send or receive a text message. It looks like they are being sent- they had a timestamp-- but nothing is getting to anyone in her contacts list.

Nor is she receiving messages. We've sent messages from several different phones. I asked for a 'delivery report' on the last few-- and they are still 'pending'.

During this time she hasn't had any trouble making phone calls or surfing the web--- or for that matter, talking to the relatively useless 'Mayday' operator. [May God bless you, Kim-- but you're in the wrong line of work.]

After what felt like an hour [maybe it was only 30 minutes]- Kim managed to reboot a data stream- and spent a lot of time hemming and hawing-- and filled out 'a ticket' where supposedly some real tech will call me in a couple days. I hope he doesn't text her.

At one point she said 'this might be a provider problem. . . .' then went offline for a minute- came back and went in another direction.

I might give Mayday another try today-- but in the meantime I've often found forums more help than the paid drones.

Anyone have any thoughts about what I might try?

Default Re: Text Messaging Problems

Have you tried a different sms app? Check out Textra. It seems to work better than stock for my Note 3 and my gf's HTC one.

Sent from my SM-N900T using AC Forums mobile app
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks-- I'll look at that app--

But in the meantime-- the 'problem' is solved. Seems that in the switch-over from a dumb phone to a 'smart' one-- AT & T changed the plan. She had unlimited data with her dumb phone-- not available with the new one. So somehow-- in their infinite wisdom, they gave her a new plan without messaging turned on.

I hope the mayday folks put 'check to see if they have messaging in their plan' in their script--

14 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

You can also try some different apps likeGO SMS Pro. Just download them through an alternative appstore and see how they work on your Fire phone. But Textra,yes, is the best.