Unlocking Fire phone

wyzard

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
So with the new law that was passed, will we be able to unlock the Fire Phone? Will AT&T do this for us with no issues? I'm thinking of buying one, but would like to be able to swap between using it on AT&T and my other TMO account.

Thoughts?

Mike sherwood

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
yes. they will. a blogger who runs a blog called "for the love of tech" purchased an amazon fire phone for full price and they unlocked no problem, and it was able to run on T-Mobile. as long as you are not under contract and the device is paid off, AT&T will unlock your amazon fire phone.

Olga Xde

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
Yes, you can have your Fire phone unlocked if you bought it for the full price or without contract. You just have to ask Amazon to unlock it for you (don't let them dismiss you). The same is with O2, but here (if you Fire is locked to O2), you need to ask O2 for the unlock code.
Once you have the code, unlocking is super easy.
Here you can find the exact requirements you have to meet to be eligible to get the unlock code and Fire phone network requirements (in which networks it works).

Mike sherwood

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
i did have a recent bad experience with unlocking phones i would like to bring up. i purchased an amazon fire phone from eBay. i was able to get my money back from the seller. but the phone came back bad. AT&T told me that the phone was "not intended to be used on our network" they wouldn't tell me why. they told me the phone was a test model. or maybe it was a store demo. or it was some kind of prototype. i asked them if they wanted their phone back, they refused.

i asked them for an unlock. they would not unlock the handset. they would not sell me a line of service. i called amazon for help. they were unable to unlock the phone. they said all they could do is talk to AT&T. the phone was sold to AT&T and they were in charge of unlocking it.

what i learned from this experience is do not trust imei checkers 100 %. if you want to check an imei, then go to at&t's bring your own device page. if the imei # is bad, they won't let you add a sim card to your cart.

amazon did not stand behind their product. they did not offer to swap me

Yelitza Oliveros

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
So with the new law that was passed, will we be able to unlock the Fire Phone? Will AT&T do this for us with no issues? I'm thinking of buying one, but would like to be able to swap between using it on AT&T and my other TMO account.

Thoughts?

Bbm

Posted via Android Central App