Has anyone successfully set up a Fire Phone on H2O wireless?

jwlary

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
FIre Phone on H2O wireless

I'm in the US and I've recently purchased an unlocked (GSM) Fire Phone and am trying to get it to work with data on H2O wireless. I can take the same sim out and pop it into my Windows Phone and connect just fine and use data. I've copied the apn and mmsc settings over to the Fire Phone and I cannot get it to use data. Has anyone successfully set up the Fire Phone for H2O wireless' apn and mmsc?
Thanks, Jeff.

connie2000

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
APN Settings:

Name: H2O
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
Username: Not set
Server: not set
Password: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: proxy.mvno.rpmobileweb.com
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
authentification type: not set
APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified

These were automatically set up. I didn't change anything.

jwlary

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
This was the one that was present along with one for AT&T and maybe another one. I tried that one and could not get data to work. I think that I'll try resetting the phone and giving it another go. Thanks again for your help.

connie2000

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
This was the one that was present along with one for AT&T and maybe another one. I tried that one and could not get data to work. I think that I'll try resetting the phone and giving it another go. Thanks again for your help.

Is your wifi off when you try to use data?

jwlary

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, wifi off and data enabled. When I pop the same sim into my other phone I'll immediately see 4G pop up, with wifi off and data on.

jwlary

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I tried the AT&T, the H2O, and the StraightTalk APNs. I picked up a sim from Ting, who are beta testing their GSM network and that works fine - LTE and all. I'm trying the reset now and if that doesn't work then I'll have to decide whether to keep it and use Ting. I really like the phone but this gets frustrating after a while. Thanks.

Tristan Renard

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi there !

Try this if it's still not working. I'm on a $60 unlimited plan with H2O and data would work on my new Amazon Fire Phone. I just chatted with customer service and the new credentials they gave me work perfectly fine ! Hope it works for you.

NAME: H2O Internet
APN: PRODATA
MMSC: h ttp://mmsc.mobile.att.net (remove space)
MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: None
APN type: default,mms,supl
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified

ENJOY !

jwlary

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I can't believe it! I've tried every variation of what is put out for H2O and yours is the only one that worked for me. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I was at the point where I was seriously considering getting rid of the phone as I wanted to stay with H2O and I didn't need a 4.7" tablet.

Jeff.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol