I love it!

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered my Kindle Fire HD and arrived on 9/14. I currently own the new ipad and the original kindle fire. I went with the 7" HD because I already have the 10" iPad. when I first opened the box I didn't know what to think. at first I was a little upset because it's wider than my original fire and i was hoping to use the same accessories, but once I turned it on I was blown away by how bright and sharp the screen was. It looks amazing and after using it I quickly realized that I like the larger bezel. It allows me to have enough space to rest my thumbs on the screen and not accidentally turn the page like i used to do a lot with the original. I really loved the fact that all of my books, music and apps were already there waiting for me. I noticed the ads on the home page, some people may be annoyed by them but I shop on amazon a lot and I'm always looking for a deal. the speakers are better than any speakers that i've heard on any tablet. Another thing that i like is the addition of the camera. that was a huge flaw on the original fire, but the biggest addition that i love is the HDMI port. It allows you to mirror your device on your tv and they don't block netflix or any other non amazon video streaming app like apple does. I may never use my ipad again.

carter17

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thought about getting one of these but I'm to invested in the Google services. Does it have a YouTube app? Might be a stupid question sorry
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

GeneD

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
In my world there is no perfect device, yet. I am pretty darn happy with the 7" Fire HD and find myself reaching for it more than my iPad 2 - perfect integration with Amazon Prime services and my Kindle. For such a small device the stereo speakers are great and make watching movies and tv a nice experience. I find the browser, Twitter and email app sufficient enough to easily use. At $199 I feel I got more than my money's worth and would buy it again.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Tubemate is available on Amazon's app store (though I'm not sure it's compatible with the HD yet) and has the added benefit of allowing you to log into your YouTube account and opting to download or just stream videos. The YouTube app, when sideloaded, won't allow you to log in.

Ulairi

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I love mine as well. I'm more invested in the Amazon ecosystem than the Google Play ecosystem. The ability to have access to all of my Kindle content, my music via Amazon Cloud Player, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and everything is great. I know people put flash onto their Nexus 7 and watch stuff via the browser but the experience on that isn't as good as the dedicated app that I get on my Kindle Fire.

For me, this is the perfect device for what I use a tablet for. I can read my comics, books, and all of the content consumption on a great device and everything. I thought I would be bothered by the ads but the very first ad I saw gave me $5 in MP3 credits. I'll actually keep the ads because they don't bother me and if I can get a few things like the MP3 voucher each year I'll be perfectly happy. I sold my Nexus 7 and it covered the cost of my Fire HD and the case.

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I'm really loving this as a media device. I have a SGS3 for my google experience, so I got the best of both worlds, especially as a prime member.

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain how to do this?

To backup apps download dropbox and any backup program from the play store that works with dropbox. (I Now use app backup & restore) Once you back up your Apps you will be able to share them with dropbox. There is also a kindle fire dropbox app available on the dropbox website. I think I also came across it in the kindle fire app store.

Lupevalenz#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
I love the device and the ads are great. New ad/offer showed up for $5 off Amazon Instant Videos. If I would have paid the $15 to get rid of the ads I would have missed these music/video credits.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thought about getting one of these but I'm to invested in the Google services. Does it have a YouTube app? Might be a stupid question sorry
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You can side load youtubeHD and it works great. I went ahead and rooted the device and loaded most of the google apps. I'm more invested in the play store and straight up gtalk is pretty important to me.

I also loaded ADW launcher EX and now I don't have to deal with the amazon ecosystem. Only problem is when you hit home, it will take you back to the carousel but just hit the ADW icon and launcher will change. Right now there is no way to change the "launch by default" setting. A little extra hassle but much better IMO.

Can't say the ads are horrible. It has some good things come across, such as mentioned, the $5 credit to video and another $5 for music.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You can side load youtubeHD and it works great. I went ahead and rooted the device and loaded most of the google apps. I'm more invested in the play store and straight up gtalk is pretty important to me.

I also loaded ADW launcher EX and now I don't have to deal with the amazon ecosystem. Only problem is when you hit home, it will take you back to the carousel but just hit the ADW icon and launcher will change. Right now there is no way to change the "launch by default" setting. A little extra hassle but much better IMO.

Can't say the ads are horrible. It has some good things come across, such as mentioned, the $5 credit to video and another $5 for music.

Do you have to be rooted to install an alternate home launcher? Could you just sideload one?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae