Google Talk disconnecting
I rooted my kindle fire HD and installed a bunch of google apps which work fine, except for gtalk and gmail. I installed 4.0.3 version of GoogleServicesFramework, GoogleLoginServices and gtalk. Whenever my device goes to sleep or I am out of the app, I will get kicked and logged out of gtalk.
I've noticed this same issue on the kindle fire 1st gen quite a few months ago when I installed it as well with the gingerbread version.
Does anyone know if I am missing an application for gtalk to fully function or is something not installed correctly? I made sure that wifi never turns off. I noticed that my gmail app will not push my mail and when I go to setting and sync, it says it's off and bounces me back to the settings page.
Re: Google Talk disconnecting
I was able to fix my gmail push/sync problem. Amazon has locked the stock sync and the only way to bring it back is to use AccountAndSyncSettings.apk; this will then unlock the sync page that is commonly seen on other android devices. It will then allow you to select the sync option (which is defaulted to no when gmail is installed with no option to change).
As for my gtalk problem, I am still trying to figure it out. I could not find talkprovider.apk and talkservices.apk on my evo 3D running stock ICS. I'm not sure if those were all combined into one talk.apk or if those are still required but never updated.
- By dagostin in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 17Last Post: 05-28-2013, 04:12 AM
- By mischief316 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 26Last Post: 01-03-2010, 06:37 PM
- By movieman742 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 6Last Post: 11-20-2009, 10:58 AM
- By pastorsteve in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 2Last Post: 11-16-2009, 08:18 PM
- By ericsmcdonald in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 1Last Post: 11-10-2009, 04:23 PM