Kindle Fire HD 7" - NO Youtube and Google?

tatasun

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I just ordered a Kindle Fire HD 7" tablet, but I haven't receive it yet. I just read one of the reviews, it said there is no youtube, and you can't use google. Is it true? My main purpose of buying this tab is for surfing the web, check emails, watch movies and youtube clips. Is this tab fast enough if I surf the web a lot? I watch youtube clips a lot, if I don't join the PRIME membership, is it worth it for me to buy this tab? I have another tab (Samsung Galaxy 7 Plus P6210), I was thinking about selling the Samsung one & replace it with the new Kindle Fire HD, do you still recommend me to do it?

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
KFHD7 is a great device, if you want to stay in the amazon ecosystem stock. They blocked out google services but it requires a little effort if you want to break free of the amazon ecosystem. Some google apps can be side loaded without rooting, including youtubeHD, but rooting will give you the most function out of this "tablet" if you want to use google services.

I have no problems browsing the web, it's really smooth and feels responsive in my hands. The sound is great for a mobile device. For $199, I like it, but I put a lot of effort into making this more of a tablet than an amazon device. I had the choice for a nexus 7 but I picked this instead. I had the kindle fire 1st gen, so I'm used to a 7" device. It certainly is wider than the previous but it's also much thinner. The bezel is slightly larger than my liking but it helps in holding the device.

What's nice about amazon is that if you don't like the device, you can return it without any restocking fees. You just need to pay shipping back, though hope you will like it.

sacbobio

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
And I picked the KFHD7 because of the HDMI output. It works beautifully with my TV, including the watching of YouTube.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

richcxx

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok I'm confused. I just came out of Best Buy after playing with the KFHD and I made it a point of going on YouTube and using Google. Why are you saying it is blocked? Am I missing something?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci