Upcoming Kindle Fire Software Updates!

Quietkvj#AC

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I found this in the Kindle forums on Amazon. Below is the link to the original post. You'll find comments that state that you will now have the option to turn off recommendations in the settings menu.

Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Upcoming Kindle Fire Software Updates

Initial post: Sep 25, 2012 10:01:01 PM PDT
The Amazon Kindle team says:

We wanted to let you know that in the coming weeks, free software updates will be coming to Kindle Fire HD and the latest generation Kindle Fire. These software updates will include Kindle FreeTime, a tablet experience just for kids allowing parents to set daily screen time limits, and give access to appropriate content for each child. We're also adding a setting to let customers control whether or not personalized recommendations appear below the carousel on the device homepage. In addition, customers will be able to set their device default language to one of six languages, including English (US), English (UK), German, French, Italian, and Spanish. These updates will be delivered automatically to your Kindle Fire.

Thanks,
The Kindle Team

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
bummer that the free time isn't going to be pushed to the OG Kindle Fire. That's the one I'm handing down to my kids!

a1kemist

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like they are listening to customer concerns, though I wonder if they are doing anything to combat the root vulnerability. I picked up a N7 and trying to decide which device to keep.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like they are listening to customer concerns, though I wonder if they are doing anything to combat the root vulnerability. I picked up a N7 and trying to decide which device to keep.

Call me crazy but I actually like my Fire HD better than my Nexus 7 I had. For me I mainly read books. watch movies, play games, etc on my tablet. The Fire HD really shines there. My Nexus 7 suffered from the screen lift and some force close issues. To me the Fire HD feels much better built and just works.