HD keeps randomly 'sleeping'

Grinandbearit

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else with this problem? Out of nowhere my screen goes black and I have to press the button to wake my device. This was so annoying I took back my HD and got a new one. But guess what? This one does the exact same thing! I haven't seen anyone else complain of this but surely I can't be the only one...

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Your screen is just timing out, It's a battery power saver. You can change it in the settings to stay on longer.

Grinandbearit

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Um no that was actually the first thing I checked. I have since reset to factory default. I am not loading any outside apps to see if that could have been the prob. So far so good, but what a bummer if I can't ever use any apps but Amazon's. I really need to figure out how to root this thing. Not confident enough with my skill level though :'(

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Um no that was actually the first thing I checked. I have since reset to factory default. I am not loading any outside apps to see if that could have been the prob. So far so good, but what a bummer if I can't ever use any apps but Amazon's. I really need to figure out how to root this thing. Not confident enough with my skill level though :'(

I have a lot of side loaded apps and I don't have this issue. I would have thought it was just a defective unit until you said you exchanged it.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Grinandbearit

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had it happen again. Both units had Slide Me as an alternative app loader and several different apps loaded. Since going to factory default no issues. Very fast, love it! But maybe should have you walk me through root ;-)

TheFatGuvnor58

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a guess, as I'm currently awaiting my first kindle, but have you got it in a case? I've been looking at cases, and they seem to have a device (possibly a magnet) built in to them that wakes and puts the kindle to sleep automatically on opening and closing. This would explain the fact that the problem is still there with the new one! Suggest using it without the case (if you do have one) and see if it still happens!

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Could be the magnet is affecting it if you fold the cover behind the kindle when using it. I haven't experienced this problem either.

brody8898

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I have been having this problem too, but I figured out yesterday that it was my case. I'm going to get a new one with no magnetic closure.

woolynum1momma

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you ur rite mine kept going to the sleep screen but after reading your comment ive realised its my case to so u have saved me from sending mine back =)

:D