- 1 Posts
Hi all I have just bought my wife a KindleFire HD for her 68th birthday. We are both brand new to this technology. I seem to have managed to do most things, linked to wireless, set up skype, downloaded a book & and some music and sent my wife a document. However, connecting to my Email account has eluded my limited skill based!
I am with Talktalk and I am pretty sure I am typing in the right email account details but it fails to register each time .
Any suggestions would be more than welcome.
p.s. when I do connect will she be able to send emails from her KindleFire when connected to the internet?
- 11-06-2012, 08:07 AM #2
Re: Email connection
What we will need to know is how you have it set up now.
According to the talk talk site (What are TalkTalk's email settings?) the setting should be:
Incoming email (POP3) mail.talktalk.net
Outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net
So, into settings, down to "My Account", then to "Manage Email..." then click on the talk talk account you set up (neat the bottom of the screen?) then check incoming and out going settings to make sure they match the above. Then try again - or ask here if there is something which you don't understand.
One thing - if your wife also receives email on another machine (laptop, desktop etc), it's probably best to consider using IMAP everywhere rather than POP3. But that's a discussion for another day.
- By JT Peters in forum AT&T Samsung InfuseReplies: 9Last Post: 02-13-2014, 06:13 AM
- By hanly2 in forum AT&T Galaxy S IIReplies: 0Last Post: 02-23-2012, 05:11 PM
- By flaflashr in forum Motorola Droid 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-26-2011, 09:41 AM
- By wyllow61 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM
- By BPHusker in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 5Last Post: 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM