Email connection

Perkymite

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all I have just bought my wife a KindleFire HD for her 68th birthday. We are both brand new to this technology. I seem to have managed to do most things, linked to wireless, set up skype, downloaded a book & and some music and sent my wife a document. However, connecting to my Email account has eluded my limited skill based!

I am with Talktalk and I am pretty sure I am typing in the right email account details but it fails to register each time :confused:.

Any suggestions would be more than welcome.

p.s. when I do connect will she be able to send emails from her KindleFire when connected to the internet?

alan sh

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
What we will need to know is how you have it set up now.

According to the talk talk site (What are TalkTalk's email settings?) the setting should be:
Login username@talktalk.net
Incoming email (POP3) mail.talktalk.net
Outgoing email (SMTP) smtp.talktalk.net

So, into settings, down to "My Account", then to "Manage Email..." then click on the talk talk account you set up (neat the bottom of the screen?) then check incoming and out going settings to make sure they match the above. Then try again - or ask here if there is something which you don't understand.

One thing - if your wife also receives email on another machine (laptop, desktop etc), it's probably best to consider using IMAP everywhere rather than POP3. But that's a discussion for another day.

Alan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2