Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Default My Son's Kindle Fire HD keeps losing sound!

Hi all
    bought a Fire HD for my son. Initial unit lost sound through the speakers despite multiple resets (headphone jack worked though). Contacted Amazon who replaced it, second unit was fine for a few days but has started losing sound again which only returns with a hard reset. Obviously it's a software problem, are there any permanent fixes? It's rather bothersome and my son doesn't know how to hard reset it so he usually goes several hours before I can reset it for him after work. Thanks

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts

Default Re: My Son's Kindle Fire HD keeps losing sound!

It might be an app issue. I am not seeing that problem (watching BBC iPlayer as I type). So, what apps are you using?

Alan

Mine seems to default to a lower sound level when the device randomly goes to sleep and you turn it back on. It doesn't go back to the higher sound levels until you reboot the device. Definitely a software/OS bug that I hope they fix soon.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Well now unit has lost sound completely even after several hard resets. I've emailed Amazon and I'm awaiting a response but I may just return it. I have a prime account which is why i've favored it over the nexus 7 but this bug is a killer.

I have lost sound too on my fire hd. But my headphones worked, till now. I have no sound at all and I've tried everything. Im very upset. I think it started when I got this app called file manager I saw a YouTube video that with this app it let me an another app called 1 mobile market and let me get the app instagram. So I was able to get instagram, life was good. the thing that sucked was it always gives me messages one was "check if your android has a virus" I did it, said my app the file manager had a virus. They claimed they could fix it for 2 bucks but I thought it was probably a scam. But a few days later I lost sound. Is that the reason why? How do I fix it? I need help!!

Ok

Posted via Android Central App

Yes. i downloaded es file because i wanted to get instagram. i then had to download 1mobile market! shorty after i lost all sound on my kindle. i also got a notification that my kindle might have a virus but when i finished, it said it would cost 2 bucks. i also thought it was a scam! please please please hellp!!

wow. same here!!!! instagram did it to me too......... But i downloaded apk from the web... I wonder whats wrong. BTW, 1mobile isnt a scam.

Contacted Amazon. Hard Reset May Work For You. Contact them thru phone or chat gets best responses and speed.

I get this issue too, I found if you go to youtube and skip ahead on videos the sound returns....

I have that problem all the time it just happens when im watching a video or listening to music i just pause it and play but if that doesnt work somtimes i turn off the thing im doing and go back to it.

Same thing here. My kindle fire HDX 8.9 loses volume after it has gone to sleep and wake it up. Haven't been able to track down the problem which leads me to believe that it's a problem with the hardware. I've tried uninstalling software one at a time so it's not that. My wife has an HDX 7 and the same problem occurs with hers also after it sleeps. Well, it could be a problem with Amazon's OS. I hope there's a fix for this soon.