Install 3rd party apps on Kindle Fire HD--NO root, NO file manager

SnapPeaInc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Our app SnapPea lets you easily sideload apps to your Kindle Fire HD from outside of the Amazon app store without requiring a file manager or rooting your device.
Step 1 (USB Connection Required):
On your Kindle Fire HD, go to: More > Security > Enable ADB (Turn this ON)
Step 2:
On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows: SnapPea - Android's Best Friend SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Kindle Fire HD from the desktop!
Step 3:
Use a Micro-USB cable to connect your Kindle Fire HD to your computer. Open SnapPea for Windows and it?ll automatically connect to your phone and install the SnapPea app on your Kindle (so that you can start side-loading apps). You?re all set!

For a WiFi alternative, check out our blog:
Install Any App to Your Kindle Fire HD! Easy as 1-2-3, no root or file manager required

Little Darwin

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you have the capability to use your store without the app for those of us who would prefer to use our file manager of choice to do something like say... manage files. :)

I would love to have a reliable source for clean, current, apps files that I could access through my device's browser and my file manager. That would be a bigger selling point for me...

Although, I assume that the SnapPea app provides automatic updates when available... which is probably a big deal to some, but if I have a working app, updates are usually a secondary consideration for me.

jmbsunsetpark

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Q: Will SnapPea help me with downloading apps to my Kindle Fire HD from the Bahamas? I just got this device and tried to purchase apps, books, etc. from Amazon but was denied purchase because of my geographical location. So will this be able to help solve this problem and possible purchase apps from Google store?

seriouspsyche

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Our app SnapPea lets you easily sideload apps to your Kindle Fire HD from outside of the Amazon app store without requiring a file manager or rooting your device.
Step 1 (USB Connection Required):
On your Kindle Fire HD, go to: More > Security > Enable ADB (Turn this ON)
Step 2:
On your computer, download and install SnapPea for Windows: SnapPea - Android's Best Friend SnapPea is the easiest way to manage your Kindle Fire HD from the desktop!
Step 3:
Use a Micro-USB cable to connect your Kindle Fire HD to your computer. Open SnapPea for Windows and it?ll automatically connect to your phone and install the SnapPea app on your Kindle (so that you can start side-loading apps). You?re all set!

For a WiFi alternative, check out our blog:
Install Any App to Your Kindle Fire HD! Easy as 1-2-3, no root or file manager required

I follow these steps and I was only able to get one app to side load. Any idea what happened?

plreardon

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I've been using SnapPea for a little over a month. For the past week I can't connect my Kindle Fire HD with my PC SnapPea program. I get an error message that says there is a driver conflict with my phone settings try a different connection. I've checked the phone settings but darned if I can find where the conflict is. I also downloaded the latest SnapPea version but still get the same error message. I can use the WiFi connection I guess but that works slower than the USB connection. What can I do to fix this?

waitaminute73

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
don't detect USB connection (ADB turned ON)
c1vcxq

Adela Cora

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't work for me, the message I get says "SnapPea detects a driver conflict. In your phone's settings, please switch to another USB connection mode". Any ideas?

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
It is possible to install apps to Kindle Fire with ADB from Android SDK. But of course a little technical knowledge is needed to install SDK. Run in the command line:

adb install somefile.apk

jazzydee17

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I got my Kindle Fire HD 7 connected and the only apps that will go on there is 1mobile (Some don't even work) How can I get Google play apps it won't let me!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair