Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Default Transfer Google Play Books to Kindle Fire HD?

I've got a handful of books purchased from Google Play. Is there a way to transfer those books to my Kindle Fire HD?

Default Re: Transfer Google Play Books to Kindle Fire HD?

I believe if you sideload the play books app you can then do this, however I haven't tried this myself yet.

The first thing I'd try (assuming you have another generic android device). I do not know if this works and I am not responsible if this causes problems for you. Please proceed with caution. I have personally not had a problem from testing things like this that I couldn't solve without simply uninstalling the things that I tried installing... but your mileage may vary!

1. Download the play books app and the play services on your other android device
    2. Download the EFS file explorer app on the other android device
    3. Backup the play books app on the other device, you may also need the Google Play Services piece
    4. Copy the files over to you computer, and then plug you fire into the computer and copy the files on the fire
    5. In configuration of the fire change the switch to allow loading of apps from other sources (if you haven't already)
    6. install both files and see if it now works. I use EFS File explorer on my fire to run the files I copied onto the fire. I'm sure there are other ways...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

Thanks.....I'll give that a whirl.

My first thought was to sideload the Google Play Books on the Kindle Fire HD then just get my books from Google Play. However sideloading Google Play Books wasn't clean. Just got a blank screen with the just a small icon in the upper left corner. No menu items available to function. So that didn't seem to be the answer.

Google play books come in which format? I had a few ebooks in epub, I just convert them to .mobi using calibre, connect my kindle and drag and drop the books on the books folder in my Kindle. the show up nicely.