Status bar at top keeps going in and out, can't pull down

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife has this Fire HD and for some reason her status bar at the top keeps popping in and out. I can never pull down. I reboot and it works fine but then it seems like there is a notification that pops up and as soon as that happens it dissappears (and comes in and out for like .5 seconds).

Ideas? I am not really familiar with the HD, and she doesn't have a lot of apps as she just got it.

hunterx82

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Scratch this...I went through and disabled notifications one by one and turns out it was the Gmail app that I installed via APK.

The app works fine...but the notification kept bugging out the status bar. Gmail Version is 4.1.2 so I will check to see if there is a newer one...

kevallen

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I also had the notifications bar disappear on the Kindle Fire HD after installing some Google Apps (specifically GMail). I unchecked "Notifications" under settings, and then account settings in Gmail and the notifications bar is working again.:D

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
The gmail notifications cause that issue. I am rooted and running the app installed from the Play store, but had the same issue...

Sent from my KFTT using Android Central Forums

Ben Brand-Cotti

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I notice the same issue after I changed my Gmail password.

The app keeps trying to retrieve email from the gmail servers but, with the wrong password stored, is repeatedly denied and pops up in the status bar every few seconds, you often can't pull down the bar as it is locked up without the gmail status. This is obvious as you can invoke the glitch by trying g to pull it down.

Ratha Krishnan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I am also having the same problem.

I do the following steps issues cleared.

1. if you have any Google apps (GMAIL,DRIVE)

2. Open the gmail apps go to settings its located bottom.

3. Select Notification off.

Now your issue might be clear.

BlueCat57

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I think you got it in one for me. I was wondering if it was OK to shut off all of the notifications on my Kindle Fire HD (2nd gen). I had already done that but side loaded Gmail (and the necessary other apks to make it work) after I had shut off notifications. It appears that shutting off notifications for those new apps solved the disappearing bar issue. What was happening was the bar would blink in and out and then after awhile it would either stay gone or stay there. I tried shutting down, reset, etc. and that appeared to "fix" the problem but in reality the "fix" was just that there were no notifications happening for a few minutes after the restart.

mrteetd001

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I've had my kindle fire for over a year with no problem, yet my status bar kept disappearing and reappearing...getting on my nerves. It was the Gmail app. I turned off notifications within the app itself and Walla, no more notification jumping up and down. It's weird, because I had gmail the whole time, yet all of a sudden, it went crazy. Just turn off the notifications within the gmail app. That's it. Cool...beans.