Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I put downloaded movies on to my kindle fire hd?

Hi all, I recently got a Kindle Fire Hd for Christmas, however I am unsure how to transfer movies off my laptop onto it. I have tried transferring directly through a USB port and have also tried through the cloud. I don't know whether the files are in the wrong format and may need converting, if that is the case, could anyone recommend any suitable software? Also, any general advice with regards to maximising my Kindle would be much appreciated, thanks

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I put downloaded movies on to my kindle fire hd?

Just do it via USB.

If you want your Kindle to play the files directly however you'll have to convert them to .mp4 or you can download aVia Player from the Amazon App Store. It will play most any file.

I would go into your fire via your computer and create a "movies" folder so you could keep track of them easily.

As for general advice, I would download ES File Manager so that you'll have access to all your files without needing your computer every time. I would also install App Cache Cleaner and set it to "run at startup" and run every four hours or so, you'd be shocked how much that helps out in keeping your KFHD running smoothly.