How do I put downloaded movies on to my kindle fire hd?

Darren Armstrong

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I recently got a Kindle Fire Hd for Christmas, however I am unsure how to transfer movies off my laptop onto it. I have tried transferring directly through a USB port and have also tried through the cloud. I don't know whether the files are in the wrong format and may need converting, if that is the case, could anyone recommend any suitable software? Also, any general advice with regards to maximising my Kindle would be much appreciated, thanks :)

brody8898

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Just do it via USB.

If you want your Kindle to play the files directly however you'll have to convert them to .mp4 or you can download aVia Player from the Amazon App Store. It will play most any file.

I would go into your fire via your computer and create a "movies" folder so you could keep track of them easily.

As for general advice, I would download ES File Manager so that you'll have access to all your files without needing your computer every time. I would also install App Cache Cleaner and set it to "run at startup" and run every four hours or so, you'd be shocked how much that helps out in keeping your KFHD running smoothly.