Touchscreen Freezes on my Brand New Kindle Fire HD

mikemarc1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Just bought a Kindle Fire HD yesterday, and I've experienced this about 10 times already. After about 15 minutes of use, sometimes less, my touchscreen stops responding. It's like it freezes, but it isn't frozen because if I rotate my device, the screen still rotates. I just can't do anything on the screen; the only thing I'm able to do on the device is adjust the volume on the side and turn it off. When I turn it off, I turn it back on in 5 seconds, unlock it, and it works fine..until it happens again another 10 minutes later. Anyone else experience this? Is it a known issue, and is there a workaround? Thanks in advance!

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Try a factory reset, if that doesn't help off send it in for warranty.

Edit. Or return it and by a nexus 7, much more capable device. Plus it can do everything the kindle can, but the kindle can't do everything the n7 can

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mikemarc1

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am an amazon prime member, and can't stream, download, or watch movies from amazon on the nexus 7, which is why I went with the Kindle.

Dave_k605

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I believe I've read that you still can stream from the browser on any other web browser, so it's not technically only kindle feature.

Either way, id try a factory reset.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2