1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cannot work out what is wrong with my computer?! Kindle fire won't connect.

Hi guys!

I purchased a kindle fire HD and it worked perfectly on my windows 7 laptop and my other windows vista laptop (both of which I don't have much access too!) - I could easily transfer files across using it as a mass storage device.
    However, I now have a new Acer Aspire laptop (E1-571) which has windows 8 loaded on to it.
    I cannot for the life of me get my kindle to connect! It shows up under device manager under other devices with a little yellow exclamation mark saying that it has no drivers installed ...which aren't needed. "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
    To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver."
    I have tried installing and uninstalling it - scanning for hardware changes - troubleshooting to no avail?! PLEASE HELP

Default Re: Cannot work out what is wrong with my computer?! Kindle fire won't connect.

Under developer options do you have USB debugging activated? If so uncheck it. Might need new drivers also.