Kindle Fire HD Stuck on System Recovery Screen

Tonya G

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Can someone point me to the right thread. I'm not a computer nerd, I don't know anything about rooting (and don't care to know). All I want to do is get my Fire HD back to factory default. I reset it to factory default because I couldn't remember the parental control password. Worked for a day or so, then all of a sudden I get the red triangle with the exclamation. I have two options: reboot or reset. I've tried both but the kindle just comes right back to this screen. Can someone tell me how to fix this?!

Not sure if it matters but I don't have a PC...I use a Mac.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Did you try calling Amazon? Mine was overheating and shutting down a while back, and the rep walked me through a factory reset.

He was able to access it remotely for diagnostics too.

Mine works great now, and best of all, there was no charge for the help.

Posted from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Candy Eve

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine has been giving me problems since I bought it, but different problems. I think Overheating may be an issue. Also the Wifi from TIME WARNER is not strong enough to upload much of anything. Now after using a SpeadTest link again today, that given to me by AMAZON support, and worked yesterday, said it was QUESTIONABLE. I allowed it, and it crashed. Got the RECOVERY MODE which is now stuck. Won't even REBOOT or do the RECOVERY. I was told that it needs to be 40% charged up to do that. I am attempting to charge it up now, and if it actually charges up I will attempt to reboot first. If that doesn't work, I will try to due a FACTORY RESET RECOVERY, and lose all my photos and bookmarkings. Sadly, I was never told that I had the CLOUD available and never set it up. I will be losing all the photos and videos I have taken the past two years on this tablet if it doesn't work. If it does work, after it is charged, first thing is to open the CLOUD account!!! I will keep you posted! :-\ ( I am also a MAC person. When there is a MAC issue, they say, turn it off, and wiggle the wires, and turn it back on! )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance