1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Default kindle fire sleep

When my wife's kfhd goes to sleep for a long period of time it seems I have to hold the power button to get it to turn back on. Is this a known issue?

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: kindle fire sleep

Quote Originally Posted by joe_fresh View Post
    When my wife's kfhd goes to sleep for a long period of time it seems I have to hold the power button to get it to turn back on. Is this a known issue?

The device seems to be in a "deep sleep" or something else is preventing it from waking up. Although a factory reset can be a hassle, it may be necessary in this situation. If there was an app or service recently installed when the problem started delete it. If there's nothing you know of that can be the source of the problem then consider a reset and start fresh.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    1,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    The device seems to be in a "deep sleep" or something else is preventing it from waking up. Although a factory reset can be a hassle, it may be necessary in this situation. If there was an app or service recently installed when the problem started delete it. If there's nothing you know of that can be the source of the problem then consider a reset and start fresh.
    I read on some amazon help site that a hard reset could help. And so far it has. I checked it this morning and again just a few min ago and it seems to just be in its normal sleep state. What it seemed it was doing is powering off completely, as I would have to hold the power button and it would go through its normal power up cycle. She doesn't have very many apps on it so when she gets home from work i will ask her what one she just recently installed.
    Blackberry Curve 8330 - Blackberry Storm 2 9550 - iPod Touch 4th gen - Apple Iphone 4 - Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD Motorola RAZR HD (wife) - HTC One
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Just a quick update... Since I posted this thread my wife's kindle has been working just fine.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,464 Global Posts
    ROM
    HTC One stock

Well it did it again, I think it has to do with her leaving an app open.