Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,161 Global Posts

    Default Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    I do not own Kindle phone or tablet.i own blackberry. Upcoming blackberry update 10.3 will officially bring amazon store to blackberry. So my question is how do you install Google services or can you at all do it on Amazon phones. How Chromecast work and other apps requiring Google services r


    Sent from Blackberry Z10
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    I don't think you can unless you root your Amazon device.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  3. #3  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    30,451 Posts
    Global Posts
    30,943 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Pure Nexus/Franco Kernel

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    I don't think I have ever found an answer for this. It is more than just sideloading the Play store. Google Play services needs to be installed too. But I have never been in a situation where I need to do this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    Quote Originally Posted by antk90 View Post
    I don't think you can unless you root your Amazon device.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    So this means that any app that needs Google services does not work on Kindle?

    So app like plex in amazon store is useless because it will not cast videos because it does need Chromecast app which needs Google services to work?

    What about Expedia? This one needs Google services as well?

    Or do developers tweak their apps for amazon store?

    Sent from Blackberry Z10
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    I'm taking about Google Apps and YouTube.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    bitek's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,161 Global Posts

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    Quote Originally Posted by antk90 View Post
    I'm taking about Google Apps and YouTube.

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    That is not that great then.

    Sent from Blackberry Z10
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Google services on Amazon phones and tablets

    Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    I do not own Kindle phone or tablet.i own blackberry. Upcoming blackberry update 10.3 will officially bring amazon store to blackberry. So my question is how do you install Google services or can you at all do it on Amazon phones. How Chromecast work and other apps requiring Google services r


    Sent from Blackberry Z10
    Google Maps works on the BB10 Android runtime.

    Posted via Android Central App on BlackBerry Z30

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2015, 03:01 AM
  2. How do I Change how the music is set out on my Galaxy S4?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:08 PM
  3. How to enable mass storage for S5 and Win 7 64
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 12:26 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:28 AM
  5. Rooting phones
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 05:03 PM

Posting Permissions