Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Kindle HD will not switch On

Hi

My son accidently pulled his Kindle of his bedroom side table onto the carpet while it was charging and damaged the charger end that goes into the Kindle , I had a look into the charger port on the Kindle with a strong magnifier and there does not seem to be any damage , but now it will not turn on or charge , when you switch it on all that comes on the screen is the charging battery sign with 1 bar showing on the bottom , that shows even though the charger is not connected , I have tried to reset by holding the power button on for 20 secs but no look , I would not of thought that it could be damaged inside from a small drop on to a soft carpet , any one have any idea has to what I can do , I could open it but not sure what to look for ! .

cheers

spike

Default Re: Kindle HD will not switch On

Welcome to Android Central! You'd be surprised what kind of seemingly minor trauma can do to a device. But have you tried using a different microUSB cable and plugging it back into the wall? If you can, let it sit on the wall outlet for another 10-12 hrs, then try powering on again.