Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

Default Kindle Fire version of apps... (pay again!)

So I see that Plants vs Zombies, the version I already bought on the amazon app store, is not the version that shows up now. They apparently went and made a "kindle fire" version, that supposedly has higher resolution. And they want you to buy it all over again. Never mind the fact that I'm like halfway through the adventure and want to continue from where I was.

On one hand I'm glad to see apps taking advantage of greater screen resolution and real estate. But on the other hand I'm thinking this should be done as an update to the existing product. I actually went ahead and bought it to see if there was anything different, any new play modes, levels, etc. As far as I can tell nothing. I probably wouldn't have noticed the increased resolution if I hadn't been looking for it (I had previously played on a 4.5" infuse at 800x600).

FWIW I was able to load the apk from my existing pvz just fine as well.
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Default Re: Kindle Fire version of apps... (pay again!)

Can't blame them as it is technically not the exact same game. Who knows maybe it was optimized for the kindle more.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts

Yes I can blame them. Its on them to make the app work on our platforms....

Can you imagine if they sold a different version of apps in the regular market for each phone and tablet out there?

Now if they wanted to make a new generic "PVZ HD", maybe. But to make a version for just one platform is the start of a trend I do not care for...
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock as can be

Agreed. I can use the pvz on the galaxy tab and the atrix with no problem. You should be able to download again without cost.

So you bought the Kindle Fire edition: Any idea if we can get the Kindle Fire edition of apps working on other devices?