1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Why only a 48 hr rental once downloaded? - vs 7 days on a laptop

Why in the world does Amazon have two distinct rental policies?

If you download a rental movie on a laptop, you have 7 days to watch it once downloaded. Then once you go to watch it the the 48 hour rental period begins.

If you download a rental on the Fire - there is no 7 days. Your 48 hours starts when you finish downloading it.

So if you are going on vacation, you cant stock up on rental movies before you leave.

This seems ridiculous to me. When I emailed Amazon for an explanation they did not have one. They said they would submit it for "review". This follows at least 4 or 5 emails I exchanged with them where I got a different answer every time.

Pretty good to hamstring a device like this....
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Why only a 48 hr rental once downloaded? - vs 7 days on a lap

Still have not been able to get a real answer from Amazon on this. Seems like a ridiculous policy to me.

My question is why only rentals and no purchases?
    --
    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk.

That does seem crazy! I have a iPod Touch I rent movies on so I can watch later and they give you freaking 30 days to watch it! I'm far from a iAnything fan and I freaking hate iTunes, but 30 days sure is freaking sweet.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah this policy makes absolutely no sense given that they let you download to a laptop and at least gives you 7 days. Why would they market the Fire as this great multimedia device then have this ridiculous policy?