Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Kindle Fire Cases

Ok guys, I have a Kindle Fire on it's way, and just realized I should get something to protect it. Anyone who owns it, have any suggestions of the best cases/pouches on the market? I want something that will protect it while it's in a stuffed bag all day, but at the same time, not something too bulky, and that's easy to remove...

Just got a timbuctu sleeve love it... On sale on Amazon.

Sent from my SHIFTAO5P using Tapatalk
    iPhone> Incredible> Thunderbolt> Galaxy Nexus> Moto RAZR

Default Re: Best Kindle Fire Cases

Just picked this up off Amazon for $11:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...idcentral00-20

Its amazingly well built for the price. Fire is held very snug without straps or flaps which I really like. Honestly they could have charged 3x the price and it would have been well worth it.

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

When I got the kindle I got a gift of a belkin verve kindle fire case, and it works very well, protects and all... but it doesn't really do any kind of stand. I can kind of rig it but all in all would prefer something with stand capability. Texture and feel-wise, it is great, it isn't leather but is textured like leather, feels great. Slips easily into pockets...

Price was a considering, though I note it costs more than the Esse case.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Verve-F...idcentral00-20
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

I picked up the Belkin Verve Folio Stand at my local Best Buy, and really like it.

Belkin Verve Folio Stand for Kindle Fire F8N672-C00
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

I bought the Marware Leather one and I'm pretty happy with it. The handstrap is nice, and it protecs the Fire well. It also doubles as a stand, which was a big selling point for me. Downside is I don't love the "hooks" that the Fire attaches into (aesthetically), and getting it into stand mode requires you to detach 2 of them (though the Fire remains snug), which is a little tedious though only takes a few seconds. It's also pricey.

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Leather...idcentral00-20
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!

Global Posts
    745 Global Posts

I do want a hand strap. I'm thinking of adding one on to my current case regardless.
    "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    I do want a hand strap. I'm thinking of adding one on to my current case regardless.
    It's nice, but I want to attach this caveat to it: it gets tiring rather quickly depending on how you're holding it. I like to use my Fire in bed sometimes and if you end up "holding up" the Fire using the hand strap you can't last that long because your arm simply gets too tired. Unless you're huge I suppose

Otherwise it's nice, and using it in less tiring positions (i.e., not laying down) is quite convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by nrk View Post
    I bought the Marware Leather one and I'm pretty happy with it. The handstrap is nice, and it protecs the Fire well. It also doubles as a stand, which was a big selling point for me. Downside is I don't love the "hooks" that the Fire attaches into (aesthetically), and getting it into stand mode requires you to detach 2 of them (though the Fire remains snug), which is a little tedious though only takes a few seconds. It's also pricey.
    I bought the same Marware leather case in brown. Nice build and looks, but yes, pricey! It works for me though and agree on the hooks although they are fairly easy to snap the K-fire out of to make the stand.
    nrk

ROM
    Kin3tx

Quote Originally Posted by cmcalpine55 View Post
    I bought the same Marware leather case in brown. Nice build and looks, but yes, pricey! It works for me though and agree on the hooks although they are fairly easy to snap the K-fire out of to make the stand.
    The more I use my Fire the happier I am shelling out a little bit of extra money for this case. Definitely recommended.