Kindle Fire can now access web Android Market...no root needed.

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Google has allowed devices that don't have Google Apps (e.g. Android Market) to access Android Market from the web to download apps. You can now download previously purchased Android Market apps that are compatible with your device on your Kindle Fire, Nook Color and even your HP Touchpad (hacked with Android on it of course).

http://androidandme.com/2011/11/new...ket-website-now-supporting-unofficial-devices

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Kindle Fire can now access web Android Market...no root neede

This is only sort new info. I've had my HP TouchPad show up on my Android Market account before as well as my BlackBerry PlayBook when I attempted to set it up through AppBrain.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

How do you get it to work? If I try to go to market.android.com on my Fire, it automatically directs me to the Amazon app store... Even if I sideload Dolphin Browser and set it to desktop mode.

nolanv

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site

me too. Not sure how to access the android market place.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
how do you get to the Android Market on the Fire? Entering http://market.android.com/ on either the Fire browser or Dolphin browser redirects to the Amazon App market.

I use opera mini, navigate to android market log in and when I click on an app that is compatible I click install and a drop down menu shows my evo 3d and my kindle fire. I select the fire then install and it gets pushed to my Fire. I already have the android market on mine and have logged into my Google account so that may make a difference.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site

Opera mini lets me on the site, but no apps list my Fire in the drop down menu.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site

I was able to get to it by using Dolphin (which I had to sideload).

But even then, same thing, either it doesn't list the kindle, or if I go to the app directly it then jumps to the amazon appstore.

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site

I have it loaded but I cant get it to let me add an account.

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site

If you go to your market settings, it tells you if you cannot see your device, it is because it is not supported, then gives you the long list on which there is no amazon or kindle or fire.

wxman2003

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

From everything I have read, this article is wrong. You have to root the Fire, download the android market apk, change a few commands on the apk and then it will work.

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I was able to get to it by using Dolphin (which I had to sideload).

But even then, same thing, either it doesn't list the kindle, or if I go to the app directly it then jumps to the amazon appstore.
I've tried with Dolphin, but the same redirection takes place. Do you have the Android Market installed on your Fire? Have you modified any of the default settings in Dolphin?

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Download Opera Mobile and search for the apk. It won't work, though.

--
Sent using Tapatalk

So I guess its looking like you still need to root and chmod the market apk and install in the system/app folder for this to work smoothly.

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
So I guess its looking like you still need to root and chmod the market apk and install in the system/app folder for this to work smoothly.

My Kindle Fire now shows in Android Market. However Market FCs every 10 minutes or so. I'm not rooted, so I think you are correct. I will wait for 2.3 SingleClickRoot later this weekend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LinHof

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Not possible..experienced everything that others did on this thread. I agree that it can only be done if you root the device.

adamsjw2

May 1, 2011
Visit site

You can go to GetJar.com and download the Getjar app. From that app you can download many apps.
simply remember to allow third_party apps in the K Fire's settings.
Jim
KY USA

piratefan

May 2, 2011
Visit site
You have to be rooted, have the Google Services Framework apk installed, and have something called Market Opener on your Kindle.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37