Problem with the Kindle Fire

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So twice in the last three days I went to pick up my Kindle Fire only to find the screen would not come on. When I would press the power button I could tell that the screen would come on it had a slight glow to it but the screen was still black. I would have to hold the power button down for twenty seconds to get it to shut off then when I restart it is fine. So after it happened this morning I decided to re-install the stock software via the download from Amazon's web site. Low and behold it happened to me with a stock unrooted/unmodified ROM. After paying closer attention today I find that this happens about 25% of the time when you leave the kindle with the screen on and on a open app. If I close all applications and shut off the screen with the power button I cannot seem to recreate this problem. Just FYI to anyone who may not have run into this problem yet. After doing some research it looks as of this is not uncommon for the Fire. I will be happy when we get a custom recovery with a good custom ROM for this thing.

FYI still loving the hardware for the price ;-)

Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Kindle Fire Will NOT Turn On!!!

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen when I was setting up my email and left it on to pull in what I needed. I didn't have to completely reboot, just held down the button for a few seconds and then it turned on. Not a deal breaker for me. I'm sure Amazon will be updating this frequently and the support so far has been top notch, so I'm not too worried.

stoneworrior

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen when I was setting up my email and left it on to pull in what I needed. I didn't have to completely reboot, just held down the button for a few seconds and then it turned on. Not a deal breaker for me. I'm sure Amazon will be updating this frequently and the support so far has been top notch, so I'm not too worried.

This is just a software problem so dont get me wrong, I am very happy with the Fire. For what we paid I think it is a very good deal. I just think the Dev community will make a good deal a great deal ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol