Words with Friends on Fire

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I just installed WWF on my new Kindle Fire and invited someone by email. They do not have an Android device. I do not have a Facebook account. Can we share a game?

I saw somewhere in these forums an announcement about cross-platform WWF, but did not fully understand it.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
There are versions of Words with Friends for Android and iOS and it doesn't matter which your friend is running. To start a game with them you have to know their username and while I haven't tried it the game allows you to find your friends through their Facebook accounts.

By the way, it's a great game. :)

Sent using Tapatalk

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
She has no smartphone. she only has facebook.

From my K Fire, it says I can create a new game by logging in to my facebook account (can't do that) or give an email address.

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
She has no smartphone. she only has facebook.

From my K Fire, it says I can create a new game by logging in to my facebook account (can't do that) or give an email address.

I assumed that your friend would be playing from her phone but I think you can play against her using your phone while she plays on Facebook. If you don't want to use your primary email address, just create a spare gmail address. I created a different email address for signing up for stuff like this to avoid getting a lot of advertising filling up my inbox.

gardengal4

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
... but I think you can play against her using your phone while she plays on Facebook..

that's what I'm trying to determine.

I have a WWF account. The choice to start a new game was (1) connect with fb friend or (2) contacts - supply the invitee's email address

I wonder if WWF has a forum. I'll go look for one. Will report back if I find out definitively.