Favorite Fire apps?

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There are a number of games I really enjoy more on the Fire...

Majesty: The Fantasy Kingdom simulator (which is now available properly) I really like except it sometimes just quits on me, annoying so I save every few minutes. But it really works well on the fire screen.

Even though I was annoyed at paying for it again as a separate version I really like Plants vs Zombies as well.

FieldRunners isn't my favorite tower defense, but it does look incredible on the Fire.

Non-game apps I use and really enjoy:

AndChat (sideloaded). There's an IRC chat I like to hang out in while watching football (football outsiders), and andchat lets me do this very well, no need for the laptop now while watching in my living room.

Go Launcher - I still primarily use the kindle launcher, but Go is great for those times when I want it more android-like.

Nook Reader - I use this for epub documents, of which I had a number. Installed via getjar.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Since I've spent more time rooting (and unbricking) my KF rather than reading on it my favorite app is Root Manager. I've also added:
Swiftkey X keyboard
Titanium Backup
Dolphin Browser
and my second favorite, Go Launcher EX

carasgrammy

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
since i've spent more time rooting (and unbricking) my kf rather than reading on it my favorite app is root manager. I've also added:
Swiftkey x keyboard
titanium backup
dolphin browser
and my second favorite, go launcher ex
i have tried to root mine but can't seem to do it. Can you walk me through it? I must be doing something wrong. I need precise directions.

Kuroth

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Since I've spent more time rooting (and unbricking) my KF rather than reading on it my favorite app is Root Manager. I've also added:
Swiftkey X keyboard
Titanium Backup
Dolphin Browser
and my second favorite, Go Launcher EX

Tohio how do you use Titanium Backup on the KF without a SD slot???

Is there a way you can direct Titanium Backup to use a drive on the PC(With the KF hooked up to the PC)?

chrish9309

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
i have tried to root mine but can't seem to do it. Can you walk me through it? I must be doing something wrong. I need precise directions.

This was the best article i found it long and tedious but once your done you can root any android device in minutes i put links that helped me and feel free to message me ill help as much as possible on a side note the only thing that really messed with me was for some reason when i downloaded superoneclick the file kept getting corrupted from google so i downloaded firefox and it worked perfectly also before you extract your superoneclick put it in the same folder your android sdk goes to in your c drive
you'll need all this and you'll and have do so more downloading for SDK Have FUN Buckerooo

How to Root Your Kindle Fire | PCWorld

http://dl.google.com/android/android-sdk_r15-windows.zip (android SDK)

The Link Below is Java Develpment Kit

Java SE Development Kit 7u1 download page

This Link Below Is for Net Frame Work i tried and tried in the end my laptop already had it

Java SE Development Kit 7u1 download page

The link below will help you put the market place on your fire once your done one a side note before you install your vending.apk put in the system\apps file and change the permissions to match the stock apps i didn't my market place worked for a minute and then quit my lesson is learned read the whole article

How to Install Android Market On Kindle Fire – Easy Tutorial | Android Advices

http://downloads.androidadvices.com/apks/Vending.3.3.12.apk (Market Place)

http://downloads.androidadvices.com/apks/ROOTexplorer.apk (ROOT Explorer)

http://downloads.androidadvices.com/A/gapps.rar (Google Apps Framework)

Also after its rooted and you have the market place get ota root protector and go launcher ex from the market ota root protector with back up your root and also let you temporarily un root it and go launcher will make your kindle work just like a droid or look like one anyways