Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    All devices rooted.

Default How to Soft Reset the Kindle Fire

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release and press again.

Default Re: How to Soft Reset the Kindle Fire

Isn't this a hard reset soft is a normal shutdown. Btw been posted numerious times in all kinds of.threads.

Quote Originally Posted by ITSMEDAVD View Post
    Isn't this a hard reset soft is a normal shutdown. Btw been posted numerious times in all kinds of.threads.
    Power off is hold down power button for a few sec until shut down prompt appears. A Full ("hard") reset is hold down power button for 20 - 30 sec.
    Though in the strictest sense it is not really a hard reset since there are no user settings and data lost and the software is not reset to the shipped level.

Yup hard reset lol
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    All devices rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by helmutk View Post
    Power off is hold down power button for a few sec until shut down prompt appears. A Full ("hard") reset is hold down power button for 20 - 30 sec.
    Though in the strictest sense it is not really a hard reset since there are no user settings and data lost and the software is not reset to the shipped level.
    That is my take on soft vs hard reset. As far as this having been posted numerous times, sorry for my post. I did do a search, but none of the results came up with this method.