Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rmrashkin
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How does the cloud work?

I can go to amazon.com and manage my cloud content. There I see various folders but they're all empty. On my KF, I have some apps that are said to be in the cloud, as well as some books. Speaking of books, there isn't even a folder in my cloud account called "Books". I can make one, but when I put a <*>.mobi file in it, it isn't visible on the KF. On the other hand, if I put a music file (.mp3) in the "Music" folder on my cloud account, it shows up in the "Music" silo on my KF. The "Documents" silo on the KF doesn't even have a "cloud" choice, although there is a "Documents" folder on the cloud account.

So, how is this supposed to work?

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

The books you purchase are stored on Amazons cloud you can see what's on the cloud and what's on your device on the selection icons on top when you're at the book menu but you cannot view.

You can send docs to your docs by e mailing them to your kindle email address which is displayed on the docs menu.

I think right now it seems like only music files that you upload to the cloud server are synced to the kindle. Videos and pictures doesn't sync and cannot be viewed over the cloud which is stupid..

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I have noticed that documents don't read from the cloud. Using dropbox is very easy to do that and is free. Kindle cloud is used really for Amazon purchases and music.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Default Re: How does the cloud work?

Quote Originally Posted by 1gridlok2 View Post
    I have noticed that documents don't read from the cloud. Using dropbox is very easy to do that and is free. Kindle cloud is used really for Amazon purchases and music.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Dropbox shows as unavailable on the Fire. Any other suggestions for getting docs, pics, and other content onto the Fire?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Default Re: How does the cloud work?

I downloaded the free "QuickOffice" app and it allows me to connect to GoogleDocs as if it were a "drive". That is, I can view whatever I have on GoogleDocs with QuickOffice as long as it is in a supported format.
    Jetjezet likes this.