6 more days.......

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Until i receive my Kindle fire as a christmas present. I cant wait. I am going to love the bigger display when reading books then my Galaxy S.

Any reccomondations on what to do when I first receive my device?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!

sha0ggy

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I played with and tried to customize the limited kindle flavored os but alas found there wasn't much I could do with it. I recommend reading up xda development on it, superoneclick rooting the beast then install TWRP 2.0 recovery from Kindle Fire Utilities v3 and then installing cm7 and.. profit from the openness to install what you want and do what you want with a more familiar interface. Enjoy and Merry Christmas..

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Until i receive my Kindle fire as a christmas present. I cant wait. I am going to love the bigger display when reading books then my Galaxy S.

Any reccomondations on what to do when I first receive my device?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!
My recommendation.... enjoy it!

I would advise against immediately rooting and installing custom firmware on it. The KF is more fragile than something like the nook color/tablet. You don't want to spoil your enjoyment of your holiday or of your device spending hours attempting to rescue your KF from the brick yard.

Out-of-the-box, the KF is a very flexible and usable tablet/reader. enable the ability to install 3rd party apps (it is in settings). Browse through the Amazon app store and a few other 3rd party app markets and install a few apps, sideload some media (music, photos, videos) and enjoy.

IMO, there is little if any need to root the device. I have an iPad2, KF, and recently gave away a autonootered nook color, and absolutely love the KF and what it can do with the current firmware.

imtoomuch

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got one today as a Christmas present from my boss! I can't wait to get home and open the box!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My sister will be getting one for christmas and wants the android market on it. Hope that's easy for a n00b such as myself.

mikethemedic

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Great ideas.

I think i will wait on rooting it. Just need to get familiar with sideloading apps. I am happy to see most users having a good time with this device.

Now to find a case.......

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Best part about activating the fire is....

Getting a free month of Amazon Prime!

Getting free 2 day shipping, I ordered more in that free month than I ever had off of Amazon.

Also the lending library was nice, read a couple of decent books during that free month.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my Fire experience, hope you are too.

Reactions: JesseMT4G

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
Its an awesome device! Been using it over a month and couldn't be happier, especially for the price!

I do wish I could find a better KB for it. Getjar don't have any and heard sideloading wont work either.

Only gripe, that and no dedicated physical volume buttons.

Sent from I am on Fire!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay