How to manage account overseas?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
My daughter got the Kindle Fire and she is taking it to Japan, I want to know if there is a way to restrict purchases while she is there on my credit card or is it impossible anyone know of this??

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
My daughter got the Kindle Fire and she is taking it to Japan, I want to know if there is a way to restrict purchases while she is there on my credit card or is it impossible anyone know of this??

If the kindle uses the android market. On your computer go on the google checkout website. Just google "google checkout" sign in and remove your credit card information untill she's back from japan.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-VM701 using Tapatalk

Reactions: hawaiijedi

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
It is actually unrooted and uses the amazon market place so I don't think I have that option. I wanted to be able to purchase her books and content at my discretion because she lives in Japan for most of the year.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
It is actually unrooted and uses the amazon market place so I don't think I have that option. I wanted to be able to purchase her books and content at my discretion because she lives in Japan for most of the year.

Amazon market i would think would have an account settings that you could reach from a computer. But from what I understand you want to do is disable the account from her kindle? Correct? But also be able to purchase books and such for her directly sent to her kindle?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I would like to be able to purchase her books and such for her directly sent to her Kindle but apparently if you go oversees the Kindle is unable to access the account. It has to be a US ip address in order to function. I am super bummed out after talking to customer service about it. Basically I have to load up her Kindle with media before she leaves because she cant download even free apps or anything.

tylermich7

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I would like to be able to purchase her books and such for her directly sent to her Kindle but apparently if you go oversees the Kindle is unable to access the account. It has to be a US ip address in order to function. I am super bummed out after talking to customer service about it. Basically I have to load up her Kindle with media before she leaves because she cant download even free apps or anything.

Will she be able to view websites etc. What you could do is purchase it and send the downloaded product via email or thru a file sharing website. Seems as though this could work.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to customer service again the kindle can't even function as a web browser through wifi in Japan. What a let down and total suckage! She loves her Kindle so much can't believe it won't work at all with overseas wifi. I thought wifi is wifi worldwide. Well nothing I can do now except load her up before she leaves.

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I did more research and some people are reporting that they can browse the inernet with wifi over seas but of course no access to amazon content.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to customer service again the kindle can't even function as a web browser through wifi in Japan. What a let down and total suckage! She loves her Kindle so much can't believe it won't work at all with overseas wifi. I thought wifi is wifi worldwide. Well nothing I can do now except load her up before she leaves.

Try turning off Accelerated Page Loading in the browser. It's on by default and routes web browsing through Amazon's servers. See if it works when you take Amazon out of the loop.

Sent using Tapatalk

imransheth

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
And I have bought books too

Basically, if the amazon accct has valid us address and credit card info then you don't have any issue. I use amazon gift card for buying stuff
For amazon videos, I use static ip setting with us dns address

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks that's good to know buy I don't think I will be able to set up static ip address for her when she goes home to Japan. Also is there a way to control what she buys when she is away? I don't want her to go crazy on my credit card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz