Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default virus protection

What type of virus protection are some of you using on your Kindle?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

None. I'm not sure why you would need it if you pay attention to the apps you use. Plus is there any in the Amazon App Store?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Default Re: virus protection

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Charli View Post
    What type of virus protection are some of you using on your Kindle?
    I use Dr Web Light
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by highvolts View Post
    None. I'm not sure why you would need it if you pay attention to the apps you use. Plus is there any in the Amazon App Store?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking web browsing, not just apps. The web can be quite malicious!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Where did you get this?

I use AVG

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Lookout and AirPush Detector have always been my go to for my Android devices, so I use them on my KF as well. For browsing, I use Dolphin browser and TrustGo Security and an add block extension. I haven't had any problems with viruses or malicious apps so far. Actually, I had an app once that started putting adds in my notification bar and desktop. That's when/why I started using AirPush Detector. It identified the app immediately and uninstalled it. I had been trying to figure out which app it was and how it got past my security precautions for a while before I came across AirPush Detector, so I highly recommend it in junction with Lookout and a decent web browser.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've had Android devices since late 2009, and have been active on several forums, and I've never heard of anyone picking up malware through their browser on their device.