1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Does the wifi turn off when the screen does?

Mine is doing that for some reason. trying to listen to the police scanner, and don't necessarily need to have the screen on while that is playing, but it disconnects as soon as i turn the screen off. is there a setting i need to look for?

I think that is by design to save battery. Its still basically a reader so they probably assume if the screen is off, you aren't using it.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Default Re: Does the wifi turn off when the screen does?

Its.actually Upto the delevoper of the app to enable it to continue streaming while the screen is locked. I have the tuner radio app and Pandora and while streaming I can lock the screen and still will stream live radio the ipad does the same its up to the developer to enable this feature.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default Re: Does the wifi turn off when the screen does?

i have this problem now..i got mine as a gift on christmas and it worked just fine once i turned the screen off..i was getting email alerts etc...past two days it turns off my wifi...i've sent them an email...and of course i had to call them...i got some chick who told me thats what its suppose to do...then how in the WORLD...did i spent two days while receiving alerts with the screen off???