VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

cliffco14

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck/tried getting a launcher like VTL.Launcher onto the Kindle Fire? That seems to be one of the best alternative launchers, but I can only find the GingerEdition for a Bootloader. I was trying to get it sideloaded without rooting. Anyway, feel free to share an apk if you've got one that will work. ALSO, let me know if you have a good launcher for a TABLET....not "Go Launcher" that makes my tablet a giant smart phone with little icons... Thanks!!!

(1st post on Android Central)

snapacap

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a few launchers from side loading, and the best I have found was go launcher ex. You can adjust the Icons to be bigger, as well as the font. It took me 3 days to discover how to change the Icon size, but It makes the launcher shine. Another I tried was Regina launcher. It did not hold the correct screen positioning to work well on Kindle fire. I have tried more but they really failed. I recommend you try go launcher and just adjust the Icon size in preferences.

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Installed it and running great. We'll see if my wife likes it when she gets home from work, that'll determine if we keep it or not I imagine :) The only drawback I've seen is one that has been mentioned several times I've seen on various forums: you can set custom wallpapers (although I couldn't get pics from the Gallery to work so had to use Go Launcher's Live Wallpapers, which are pretty cool anyway); however, when the Fire goes to sleep mode and you turn it back on, it goes back to the stock Fire wallpapers. Kind of defeats the purpose of setting a custom wallpaper. Hopefully Amazon opens things up again so Go Launcher is available in the App Store and/or to allow for more customization of the homescreen and wallpapers.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
......The only drawback I've seen is one that has been mentioned several times I've seen on various forums: you can set custom wallpapers (although I couldn't get pics from the Gallery to work so had to use Go Launcher's Live Wallpapers, which are pretty cool anyway); however, when the Fire goes to sleep mode and you turn it back on, it goes back to the stock Fire wallpapers. Kind of defeats the purpose of setting a custom wallpaper. Hopefully Amazon opens things up again so Go Launcher is available in the App Store and/or to allow for more customization of the homescreen and wallpapers.

You can stop wallpaper changes with this method:

How to stop the wallpaper from changing with each unlock - xda-developers

beav395

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
If I sideload go launcher on an unrooted fire. What is the easiest way to switch back and forth between go launcher and the stock one?

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
If I sideload go launcher on an unrooted fire. What is the easiest way to switch back and forth between go launcher and the stock one?

Place the Kindle app on the homescreen of Go Launcher (I think it does this automatically); place Go Launcher in your favorites on the stock Kindle carousel.

polcaface

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi i am new to this and i have a v2 kindle fire and cant get go launcher to work or even open =/ but i do have the adw launcher on there and it runs really well i just cannot get it to stay ok n that screen instead of switching back to stock btw im only 13 soplease n poo thing rude

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vszvvone88