Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Talking VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Has anyone had any luck/tried getting a launcher like VTL.Launcher onto the Kindle Fire? That seems to be one of the best alternative launchers, but I can only find the GingerEdition for a Bootloader. I was trying to get it sideloaded without rooting. Anyway, feel free to share an apk if you've got one that will work. ALSO, let me know if you have a good launcher for a TABLET....not "Go Launcher" that makes my tablet a giant smart phone with little icons... Thanks!!!

    (1st post on Android Central)
  2. #2  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    I have tried a few launchers from side loading, and the best I have found was go launcher ex. You can adjust the Icons to be bigger, as well as the font. It took me 3 days to discover how to change the Icon size, but It makes the launcher shine. Another I tried was Regina launcher. It did not hold the correct screen positioning to work well on Kindle fire. I have tried more but they really failed. I recommend you try go launcher and just adjust the Icon size in preferences.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Thanks! I'll give Go another go!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    UPDATE... I tried the new version of Go Launcher (v2.71) and it is designed to accomodate tablets better...

    http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/go...r_EX_v2.71.apk

    Check it out and let me know your thoughts...
  5. #5  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    That works AMAZINGLY! Thanks!
  6. #6  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by cliffco14 View Post
    UPDATE... I tried the new version of Go Launcher (v2.71) and it is designed to accomodate tablets better...

    http://61.145.124.93/soft/3GHeart/go...r_EX_v2.71.apk

    Check it out and let me know your thoughts...
    Just to clarify, can this be installed without rooting?
  7. #7  
    mungera's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    406 Global Posts

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Yes, you just have to turn on the option to allow installation of apps from unknown sources.
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Installed it and running great. We'll see if my wife likes it when she gets home from work, that'll determine if we keep it or not I imagine The only drawback I've seen is one that has been mentioned several times I've seen on various forums: you can set custom wallpapers (although I couldn't get pics from the Gallery to work so had to use Go Launcher's Live Wallpapers, which are pretty cool anyway); however, when the Fire goes to sleep mode and you turn it back on, it goes back to the stock Fire wallpapers. Kind of defeats the purpose of setting a custom wallpaper. Hopefully Amazon opens things up again so Go Launcher is available in the App Store and/or to allow for more customization of the homescreen and wallpapers.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpetefan23 View Post
    ......The only drawback I've seen is one that has been mentioned several times I've seen on various forums: you can set custom wallpapers (although I couldn't get pics from the Gallery to work so had to use Go Launcher's Live Wallpapers, which are pretty cool anyway); however, when the Fire goes to sleep mode and you turn it back on, it goes back to the stock Fire wallpapers. Kind of defeats the purpose of setting a custom wallpaper. Hopefully Amazon opens things up again so Go Launcher is available in the App Store and/or to allow for more customization of the homescreen and wallpapers.
    You can stop wallpaper changes with this method:

    How to stop the wallpaper from changing with each unlock - xda-developers
  10. #10  

    Default

    Pretty sure you have to be rooted for that.

    Sent from I am on Fire!
  11. #11  
    beav395's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    If I sideload go launcher on an unrooted fire. What is the easiest way to switch back and forth between go launcher and the stock one?
  12. #12  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    where is the latest version of go launcher?
  13. #13  
    beav395's Avatar

    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    you can get go launcher here

    GO Launcher | GO
  14. #14  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Quote Originally Posted by bneav395 View Post
    If I sideload go launcher on an unrooted fire. What is the easiest way to switch back and forth between go launcher and the stock one?
    Place the Kindle app on the homescreen of Go Launcher (I think it does this automatically); place Go Launcher in your favorites on the stock Kindle carousel.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    is there any other launchers i can try besides go?
  16. #16  

    Default Re: VTL Launcher on Kindle Fire

    Hi i am new to this and i have a v2 kindle fire and cant get go launcher to work or even open =/ but i do have the adw launcher on there and it runs really well i just cannot get it to stay ok n that screen instead of switching back to stock btw im only 13 soplease n poo thing rude

Posting Permissions