Annoying Kindle Fire Carousel

taipan61

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
no way to disable at the time of this writing, but with update 6.2.1 you can now delete items that you do not want on your carousel

or you could side load Go Launcher EX and not boot to the carousel

(mine is blank and i clean it every time i use it, but that's just me)

Reactions: cliffco14

cliffco14

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...yeah, I was hoping that there was a way to limit, at least, the browser sites going on there... oh well...

I did try Go Launcher... I didn't like the way that it kept the icons small and spaced apart.

brendonlee

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I use adwlauncher ex and it does not have as much space between the icons as go launcher. Plus its got a few more cool effects and customizations. I just put a shortcut to the Amazon launcher on the dock so I can launch it whenever I want.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Reactions: cliffco14

sscinokc

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something. I tried Go Laucher, liked it...but can't find any of my books...so I went back to Kindle Laucher. Where are my books stored using Go Launcher?

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
There is no way of viewing your books from Go Launcher currently even with rooting. If you have a book currently open then the Kindle App will open it from Go Launcher, but once you close it it will not open back up. You best option (which is what I did) is to switch out the Phone shortcut for the Kindle Launcher so that way you can leave Go Launcher as Default and when you want to read a book, hit the Kindle Launcher shortcut. It is a small extra step, but not much that it will bug you.

Reactions: sscinokc

Mike77

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Go Launcher's icons and spacing is totally custimizable. You can set it any way you want. I reccomend the App "Launcher" in the dock to get back to the standard kindle homepage for easy access to amazon content.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to assume you're not asking for a stolen app, so the answer is the Android Market.

Sent from my Nexus S

Strangely without editing the build prop it does not show up in the market, that includes the free version.

Because of that I've included the free version in this post. It can be reached on the market from your computer so if you like it head on over and rate it for the Dev anyway.

As for getting EX on the Kindle Fire without rooting it to edit the build prop I think you are out of luck really.

Last edited:

lowcal

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
No I'm not. I actually have purchased the full version of adw ex and use it on my Xoom already. There is a free version too

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos