1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Annoying Kindle Fire Carousel

Does anyone know how to disable the Fire Carousel without rooting? OR are there ways to limit what goes on there?

Default Re: Annoying Kindle Fire Carousel

no way to disable at the time of this writing, but with update 6.2.1 you can now delete items that you do not want on your carousel

or you could side load Go Launcher EX and not boot to the carousel

(mine is blank and i clean it every time i use it, but that's just me)
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks...yeah, I was hoping that there was a way to limit, at least, the browser sites going on there... oh well...

I did try Go Launcher... I didn't like the way that it kept the icons small and spaced apart.

I use adwlauncher ex and it does not have as much space between the icons as go launcher. Plus its got a few more cool effects and customizations. I just put a shortcut to the Amazon launcher on the dock so I can launch it whenever I want.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks! I'll check it out. I actually gave Go Launcher another chance. I tried the newest version with advances for tablets... it looks good.

v2.71:

Let me know what you guys think!

C

I must be missing something. I tried Go Laucher, liked it...but can't find any of my books...so I went back to Kindle Laucher. Where are my books stored using Go Launcher?

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts

There is no way of viewing your books from Go Launcher currently even with rooting. If you have a book currently open then the Kindle App will open it from Go Launcher, but once you close it it will not open back up. You best option (which is what I did) is to switch out the Phone shortcut for the Kindle Launcher so that way you can leave Go Launcher as Default and when you want to read a book, hit the Kindle Launcher shortcut. It is a small extra step, but not much that it will bug you.
    Thanked by:

The new update on go launcher is now suitable for tablets the icons and folders are bigger check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ITSMEDAVD View Post
    The new update on go launcher is now suitable for tablets the icons and folders are bigger check it out.
    New update as in v2.71 or something newer?

Global Posts
    409 Global Posts

Go Launcher's icons and spacing is totally custimizable. You can set it any way you want. I reccomend the App "Launcher" in the dock to get back to the standard kindle homepage for easy access to amazon content.

Anyone know where I can grab adw ex?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lowcal View Post
    Anyone know where I can grab adw ex?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    I'm going to assume you're not asking for a stolen app, so the answer is the Android Market.

Sent from my Nexus S

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    I'm going to assume you're not asking for a stolen app, so the answer is the Android Market.

Sent from my Nexus S
    Strangely without editing the build prop it does not show up in the market, that includes the free version.

Because of that I've included the in this post. It can be reached on the market from your computer so if you like it and rate it for the Dev anyway.

As for getting EX on the Kindle Fire without rooting it to edit the build prop I think you are out of luck really.
    Last edited by sblood86; 01-15-2012 at 01:42 AM.

No I'm not. I actually have purchased the full version of adw ex and use it on my Xoom already. There is a free version too

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Thank you. I didn't know if it would work or not

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk