How many are stock and aren't planning to root?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, are you guys mostly rooted or happy with stock? I'm currently happy with stock just curious.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

mdotsteele

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and flashed CM7, messed with that for a few days and kept root but went back to stock rom. CM was nice but just felt like a big phone to me and having to hold the power button to go home was inconvienent.

When the ICS rom becomes stable I will def. Being flashing that.

Reactions: hawaiijedi

unawedbberry

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock..considered rooting but after much searching haven't found instructions that that clearly show process my fascinate. and still don't totally understand how it would make my phone much better

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Honestly for what I use it, stock is fine.

I don't even use the go launcher much anymore.

I just side load whatever I need and run from the fire UI, everything seems fine.

rmrashkin

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock and perfectly happy with that. I'm trying to learn to write apps for the KF and I may have to root to get something to work but I'm not even sure of that. Anyway I love it the way it comes out of the box.

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
i'm stock and very happy. There isn't anything i'm missing. I've sideloaded all the apps i was missing and they all work fine. It's a little annoying having to back up, extract and sideload all the apps as they get updated, but not so much that i feel the need to root.
I was very upset when HBO/MAX Go tried to block the fire access but that's thankfully been worked around as well... Actually, i'm fairly certain that was a server-side update by hbo and rooting may not have made a difference.
Nevertheless, i'm stock and very content with sideloading!

BattleSwine

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock. Sideloaded a lot of apps when not many in Amazons App Store supported AFK. from the day I got my HTC Thinderbolt I've added the free app of the day if I thought I might use it. Day 1 I think it showed 74 under my apps. Now it shows 213. Still below 284 that shows on the phone, but the gap has narrowed every week. Still a few apps missing, but I sideload those from my phone. No reason to root right now. I don't want to lose access to Amazon Prime Free Instant Video. Have to have my Top Gear fix (the BBC one, not History Channel's weak copy).

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Going stock as well. After a near-brick experience in attempting to install an alternate launcher and the incremental improvements with each update and the ability to side load all of my apps and media, I have no reason to root it.

Should Amazon try to pull a Barnes and Noble on me by preventing the side loading of apps, then I'd reconsider.

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock as well. I did install Go Launcher EX though to get more of a traditional tablet experience and open things up a bit. As I've asked before, what apps are available in the Android Market that aren't in the Amazon App Store that would make rooting worthwhile? I've found everything I need on Amazon.

crackedshel

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with stock. I have sideloaded the apps that I can't get through Amazon and am using Go Launcher for a more tablet like UI. I am quite impressed with how functional this is and can easily switch back and forth between the standard UI and Go Launcher if I want to look at the Kindle store. I have added the Kindle "app" as one of my quicklaunch buttons in Go Launcher and have Go Launcher on my favorite shelf on the standard KF UI. It is a small bit of pain to keep up with updates on the Market side that I have to re-sideload, but I can live with that. All in all, very satisfied with this device. I don't think you can beat it at the under $200 mark. Way more than just an e-reader.

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't plan to root either. I have Go installed, but rarely use it. I like the stock interface, but if I want a true Android look, I can always switch to Go. Very happy with my Fire the way it is, and don't see how rooting would benefit me. I have an Android phone, and can download from the market, then use Frostwire to move the apps to the Fire. If I don't want the app to remain on the phone, I just delete it. Works well for me.

stujoe

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Stock. I actually like the interface a lot and have no desire to change it. I used to be all into tweaking computers and doing this and that just to do it but that was a long time ago. As I have gotten old and cranky, I just want stuff simple and to have it work without a lot of hassle. ;)

I have thought about adding google marketplace (which i guess requires a root) but really seem to be able to get the apps I have wanted from Amazon, Getjar, or the mfr.

Stu
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane