Changing rotating wallpaper

kssporty

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted and have GO launcher ex installed. I tried to change the wallpaper on my fire and it worked until it locked and I then unlocked it. Now I am back to the rotating wallpaper. Anyone know how I can fix this?

sherri

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Which rotating wallpaper? Do you mean wallpaper that scrolls when you switch between desktops, or do you have a "live" (moving) wallpaper? (Like snowflakes falling or grass moving....)

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, to do it with out root, look up "Rotating Wallpaper.apk" in Google and download it. You will have to side load it, but it doesn't require root. You do need to read the instructions, it has profiles that get set, but you just pick one picture and set that as the active profile. It also has a setting that makes the change after a minute, so sometimes if you turn the screen off and back on again right away, for a few seconds, (up to a minute), it will be one of the default pics until it switches to the one you set.

lowcal

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Apparently I'm an idiot. I loaded rotating wallpaper, set up my file, set it to active and set the rotation at 1min. It changes it but as soon as I lock it it goes back to their crappy wallpapers and doesn't change back. I let it sit fir about 5 min

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

jackrock

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Apparently I'm an idiot. I loaded rotating wallpaper, set up my file, set it to active and set the rotation at 1min. It changes it but as soon as I lock it it goes back to their crappy wallpapers and doesn't change back. I let it sit fir about 5 min

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I was never able to get this to work.

skulldroid67

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
the only way i was ever able to change my wallpapers was by changing permissions (ROOT Required) to the wallpaper file. Used ES File Explorer app to go into the directory. What a pain in the neck but the only method that ever worked for me lol :cool:

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Seems we have conflicting reports of whether the rotating wallpapers apk works on the Fire. For those that it is working, are you rooted? If not, did you do anything special to get it to work? For those that it isn't working for, any idea why not? Just trying to decide if I want to give it a try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes