Warning About Reboot Recovery with CM7

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
A lot of us that have used CM before are used to holding the power button, selecting "Reboot" then "Reboot Recovery."

I strongly recommend not doing this. It changes the bootmode on the Fire so that it constantly boots back into Recovery (TWRP) and won't let you boot into an OS. I had to try a few different methods and ending up combining a couple of them for it to finally clear up.

I'll post some links with the different method, then the method I pieced together that worked for me.

Bottom line:

DO NOT USE THE REBOOT RECOVERY OPTION FROM CM7 ON YOUR KINDLE FIRE

It resets your bootmode and will constantly boot into TWRP and it won't let you into your OS.

Last edited:

.46caliber

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Here's one fix:
How to solve boot loop issue on Kindle Fire TWRP 2.0?

Here's another:
How to solve stuck at yellow triangle issue on Kindle Fire?

A third fix:
[HOW TO] Fix TWRP 2.0 Bootlooping - xda-developers

The third was the most helpful for me, but it did not completely fix my issue. I ran the third fix for most of the steps, then used the Kindle Fire Utility to finally get my Kindle back into the proper bootmode. Here are my steps, including where the deviation happened, red text. My power button did not turn orange.

I have to give credit to jayceooi and sirmavs as their methods got me most of the way there.

1.Download Kindle Fire Utility
2.Extract it to desktop.
3.You can't connect it while its in FastBoot mode so open up CMD or Command Prompt.
4.Again locate the folder and type it in the CMD for example I typed:
"cd C:\Users\Madaran\Desktop\Kindle Fire Utility\tools"
5.Then type this in "fastboot -i 0x1949 oem idme bootmode 4000"
6.It should say waiting for device. Go to TWRP and hit reboot system.
7.It should work now and while waiting for your Kindle to boot up, the power button should be orange.
8.Run Kindle Fire Utility after Kindle boots up (I was stuck on Yellow Triangle).
9.Select Option 1 - Bootmode Menu
10.Select Option 1 - Normal <4000>

After doing this, my Kindle's bootmode was successfully reset. It rebooted into CM7 just fine and I was able to then use TWRP to restore one of my backups.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon