Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hulu on kindle fire?

So is there a way to watch movies and. Tv shows from hulu on the kindle fire? I'm not talking about their plus service. Just trying to watch old Tv shows from their website and it wont let me. Anyone know why?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Amazon has a great selection of movies and Tv shows under the video tab. I paid for a prime account just for that purpose and the free book rental a month. You are a prime member free for one month when you purchase and register your kindle. If you still are try out there videos. They have a GREAT selection! I find it much better than hulu.

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Re: Hulu on kindle fire?

Unfortunately that doesn't answer the question at all does it? LOL! As from my brief research it's not possible to view Hulu from the Fire. Maybe if you downloaded a firefox browser via "1 Mobile Marketplace"? If I figure it out I'll post news. The amazon prime video selection is very limited and a pay service. If you're going to shell out money, Netflix is the winner. I do buy single episodes of some shows I follow through Amazon though. The quality is good, but it's always nice to have more options.

No, I dont think hulu will show on mobile devices unless you have the app and paid service. At least its never has for me.

The solution you seek comes from Playon.TV. It is a subscription service, but it is much cheaper than Hulu. The regular prices are:

Monthly Subscription: $4.99
    Annual Subscription: $39.99
    One-time price: $79.99

However, they currently have a sale on the annual and one-time prices of $19.99 and $49.99.

You install Playon on your home computer, it then broadcasts via WiFi and can be watched on many devices such as PS3, XBox, Wii, Roku (the Roku app may be hard to find) and Android. You will have to side-load the APK file, or you can go to a web browser location if you don't want to load the app. (I suggest the app, it works better. I tried both.)

With it, you can view many, many web based video sites on your device. (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon VOD, YouTube, and lots more) In addition, you can add plug-ins for other sites. It works pretty well. I have found it works better on the PS3 than the Wii. My limited experience with the Android app suggests it works fine.

They recently added a feature called "Play Later" that lets you download content and watch it at another time. Great for things that are only on-line for a limited time!

Send me a message if you would like the APK posted. I don't have it handy, but I can get it...

(BTW, I have no financial interest in this company...)
    Last edited by zensunni; 02-07-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    32,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

I find Hulu Plus to be WELL worth the 8 bucks a month, of course I have it on several devices, including my KF.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts

Question Re: Hulu on kindle fire?

Quote Originally Posted by zensunni View Post
    The solution you seek comes from Playon.TV. It is a subscription service, but it is much cheaper than Hulu. The regular prices are:

Monthly Subscription: $4.99
    Annual Subscription: $39.99
    One-time price: $79.99

However, they currently have a sale on the annual and one-time prices of $19.99 and $49.99.

You install Playon on your home computer, it then broadcasts via WiFi and can be watched on many devices such as PS3, XBox, Wii, Roku (the Roku app may be hard to find) and Android. You will have to side-load the APK file, or you can go to a web browser location if you don't want to load the app. (I suggest the app, it works better. I tried both.)

With it, you can view many, many web based video sites on your device. (Hulu, Netflix, Amazon VOD, YouTube, and lots more) In addition, you can add plug-ins for other sites. It works pretty well. I have found it works better on the PS3 than the Wii. My limited experience with the Android app suggests it works fine.

They recently added a feature called "Play Later" that lets you download content and watch it at another time. Great for things that are only on-line for a limited time!

Send me a message if you would like the APK posted. I don't have it handy, but I can get it...

(BTW, I have no financial interest in this company...)
    Do I always have to have my computer on at home in order for this to work? Or am I able to use the WiFi at a coffee shop to get this to work while the home computer is off?
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    32,965 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Quote Originally Posted by ewarhol View Post
    Do I always have to have my computer on at home in order for this to work? Or am I able to use the WiFi at a coffee shop to get this to work while the home computer is off?
    I don't believe this will work from a coffee shop. Yes the PC has to be on, and also the other device (ipad, Android Tab, Roku, etc) must be on the same network (same wifi) as the host PC.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

It earns the best ideas to earn some knowledge for managing Hulu moments.

The PlayOn solution is the one I use. Yes, the PC must be left running in order to use the service and the app must be sideloaded to the Kindle, but it usually works pretty well and is worth the effort.