6.2.2 Root Help Needed

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey Everyone -

I got my Kindle two days ago and decided to root last night.

I first upgraded to 6.2.2 and then followed the new directions for rooting.

After some hiccups getting the computer to set up ADB correctly (ran into some conflicts with the drivers installed with my Nexus) I got everything working. I followed all the directions provided and installed superuser.

Here is where my problems begin...

I side loaded root explorer but I can't switch the file system over to R/W. When I load up the app I never see it requesting root permissions or see them granted. The superuser log is 100% empty.

When I load up OTA RootKeeper in order to try and watch prime videos I see the following:

Superuser app installed - checked
Device rooted - checked
Root permission granted - unchecked
Filesystem supports root protection - checked
Protected su copy available - unchecked

It seems to me like my device is somewhere between rooted and not and I can not for the life of me figure out what to do next. I can't install the market, OTA Rootkeeper won't work so I can watch prime videos. I lost functionality and gained nothing.

Any suggestions?

gandalf000

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Can't get rooting set up and OTA RootKeeper can't do it's thing so videos are lost.

Help...please!

(don't know much about SuperUser settings, but it looks like the same issue as the first post)

Nothing gained and a lot lost!

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Just an update and providing no help really....

Looks like a couple people over at xda have ran into the same problem, but I haven't seen a solution yet.

Here is what I ended up doing.

I downloaded the kindle fire utility and installed TWRP
I then downloaded the 6.2.2 update from Amazon and renamed it to update.zip and put it on my sdcard root
Then I went into TWRP, cleared everything out and flashed the update.zip to get myself back to stock.

I am back to stock, I am not rooted but at least I am not broken either.

They just updated burrito which may help now, but I will wait until there is an official update for kfu to handle the 6.2.2 update and root it then

Hope this helps

gandalf000

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Question on your KFU solution...did you roll back to 6.2.1 first to install TWRP? I can't get it to install under my 6.2.2 since KFU doesn't work there yet...am I missing something? Or maybe my Kindle is just too screwed up at this point..

Gandalf

ScottiePP7

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I imagine BurritoRoot3 will fix all of this but...

I got TWRP installed correctly because I edited the run.bat file according to instructions in the KFU thread on xda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy