Amazon sold 6 million Kindle Fires

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
No they didn't. An analysts thinks the sold that many so that he influence the amazon stock price.

Never trust anything an analysts says. Their goal is always to affect the stock price immediately, not to tell the truth.

brillrick

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
And you can prove they didn't? How can you call an estimate a lie?

Perhaps I came on a bit strong
You are right, I can't prove that Amazon did sell 6 million Kindle Fires. Neither can this analyst.
I didn't say the analyst is lying, I'm saying don't trust what an analyst says as fact.

The headline to your post "Amazon sold 6 million Kindle Fires" implies that you believe it. Since it is actually an analyst estimate, and that article does not mention how the analyst arrives at that number, I really don't think you can trust it, especially since an financial services firm analyst has a direct interest in influencing the stock price.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Impressions based research? You've got to be kidding. Why not just say "we discovered who had the most money to spend on advertising." Like that's a surprise??? This is about the dumbest attempt to to compare sales to "impressions" I've ever seen.

samab

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Impressions based research? You've got to be kidding. Why not just say "we discovered who had the most money to spend on advertising." Like that's a surprise??? This is about the dumbest attempt to to compare sales to "impressions" I've ever seen.

But that is actually not the biggest problems in these kinds of research. If you use Google Analytics, you will find that Playbook has a zero market share --- because the Playbook is listed as a Safari browser.

Message to RIM: Fix the way Google Analytics reports BlackBerry browser data on new devices. You're helping the competition! | CrackBerry.com

Imagine that --- crackberry --- the biggest blackberry fan site in the world, didn't notice that Playbook is listed as a Safari browser until 6 months after the Playbook was launched.

So you have Kindle Fire barely beating the Playbook in ad impressions in one study --- but the Playbook has been undercounted by Google Analytics (the world's widely used metrics). That's not really a good news for Kindle Fire.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey, nice conversation going on here!!! I would like to know that how you guys select your type of amazon kindle fire for your systems. I got mine last week and want to get it protected from unwanted issues like scratches or damage.

Martin, since this thread has nothing to do with protecting your KF form damage I suggest you start a new topic. How about, "What cases and screen protectors best protect the KF?" Just a suggestion. I think you will get much more information that way.