1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts

Default Nook app on KF?

I'm having a terrible time finding a good 7 inch tablet that won't cost a fortune. I'm wanting to stay around the $250 range. I tried the Nook Tablet which is very nice but has a horrible app store. I know from experience rooting a Nook Color (when it first came out) that there are problems such as not having soft keys in apps when you need them, etc so I opted not to even try to root the Nook Tablet and just returned it.

I would use a tablet mostly for reading with some light email, surfing and maybe a movie now and again. I have a lot of books through Barnes and Noble, which is why I tried the Nook Color and recently a Nook Tablet. I really like the Kindle Fire but I am wondering if there is a way to side load the Nook app from the Android Market (since conveniently its not available in the Amazon app store, hahaha) or if I would have to root to accomplish that. In the future, of course, I could just buy the books from Amazon but meanwhile all the books on my Nook Simple Touch I wouldn't be able to read on the KF.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,068 Global Posts

Default Re: Nook app on KF?

Well I guess I answered my own question. I bought a KF today and was able to side load the Nook app onto it and it works like a charm.
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    11,759 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by tlo07 View Post
    Well I guess I answered my own question. I bought a KF today and was able to side load the Nook app onto it and it works like a charm.
    Thanks for taking the time to report back.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yes, I loaded the Nook app in early December on the Fire and have had no problems with it. You can also load other reading apps, like Aldiko and Mantano. There's a good Kindle Fire forum catering to readers at MobileRead.

I have a Nook, but I'm looking to upgrade(?) to a Fire. Since I have paid for Nook books; how exactly did you "side load" the Nook app?

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Quote Originally Posted by KahneFan View Post
    I have a Nook, but I'm looking to upgrade(?) to a Fire. Since I have paid for Nook books; how exactly did you "side load" the Nook app?
    Pull the apk from your current device copy to the 'sdcard' on the kindle and install from a file manager I would think (honestly first thing I did was root and install a different rom lol)

Quote Originally Posted by sblood86 View Post
    Pull the apk from your current device copy to the 'sdcard' on the kindle and install from a file manager I would think (honestly first thing I did was root and install a different rom lol)

Thanks! I actually ended up finding an .

Check out apktops.com