Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Adobe Air

I have a rooted fire. Does anyone know how to update adobe air? I try updating from the Android Market but I get an error message saying to remove previous version. I go to the applications list and select adobe air but the option to remove does not light up.

Adobe air version I have is 2.7.1.1999

The updated version is 3.1.0.557

ROM
    Quatrimus / CM10

Default Re: Adobe Air

Quote Originally Posted by ewarhol View Post
    I have a rooted fire. Does anyone know how to update adobe air? I try updating from the Android Market but I get an error message saying to remove previous version. I go to the applications list and select adobe air but the option to remove does not light up.

Adobe air version I have is 2.7.1.1999

The updated version is 3.1.0.557
    Never tried, didn't keep stock and even if I wanted to test it I would have to get my kindle to boot lol; anyway back to the point at hand. You can't uninstall system apps from the rom application manager; if you install titanium backup you can uninstall it using that (backup the app first just in case something goes wrong) than try installing the new version again.

Default Re: Adobe Air

Having the same problem. When I tried to update Air it said to uninstall the previous app.

I used Titanium to uninstall Air (made a back up 1st). Then tried to install the new version of Air from Marketplace. Was told that the new version is not compatible with my device.

Restored the previous version of Air. This is where I am now.

Mine updated fine. My build.prop says my kindle is a galaxy tab though. That have something to do with it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pbailey212 View Post
    Mine updated fine. My build.prop says my kindle is a galaxy tab though. That have something to do with it

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    Can you tell us what edits you made to the build.prop file?

If you are able to upgrade to the latest version of adobe air then can you please list how you did it.

Thanks

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2