[SOLVED]Fire rooted, but apps cannot get root access.

Mixmaster1190

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
I followed the tutorial here and no errors were found. It has not been working since and I've been searching threw webpage after webpage for the answer. adb returns rooted, but apps can't get access. I have superuser, but I believe it is malfunctioning. I went into superuser and opened "Preferences>Su binary vnull" and it asked me if I wanted to update. I pressed the update button and it showed this exactly:
Code:
Downloading manifest... [COLOR="Lime"]okay![/COLOR]
Parsing manifest... [COLOR="lime"]okay![/COLOR]
Latest version = [COLOR="lime"]3.0.3.2[/COLOR]
Checking installed version = [COLOR="Red"]legacy[/COLOR]
Fixing database... [COLOR="Lime"]okay![/COLOR]
Checking for busybox... [COLOR="Red"]not found[/COLOR]
Downloading custom busybox... [COLOR="Lime"]okay![/COLOR]
Checking md5sum... [COLOR="lime"]okay![/COLOR]
Checking current install path... [COLOR="Red"]fail![/COLOR]
Failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue
Any help?

Last edited:

Mixmaster1190

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fire rooted, but apps cannot get root access.

I have reinstalled superuser, but not busybox. To be perfectly honest, I don't know if I have busybox... or what it is.

Mixmaster1190

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Fire rooted, but apps cannot get root access.

I searched "busybox" on the market and got the first thing (was free) and it says it can't install without root permissions, check superuser settings. I can't give it root permissions because my superuser isn't working. So superuser needs busybox, but busybox needs superuser. Was I suppose to have them installed at the same time?

Last edited:

smirkis

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: [NOT SOLVED]Fire rooted, but apps cannot get root access.

your not rooted. that tutorial is out dated. go to xda, there is a burritoroot3 or just use kindlefireutility by vashypooh and root your device.

Effenhimer

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

your not rooted. that tutorial is out dated. go to xda, there is a burritoroot3 or just use kindlefireutility by vashypooh and root your device.

This. The utility makes it super easy... And will tell you whats going on as you go, and if you're actually rooted or not.

grblackmonk

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I am having same issue after I factory reset my Droid. If I find anything I'll post it here.

Have busybox and superuser but cant install busybox without su privileges... and so on.

su binary uypdate fails in superuser. Currently using 0.75 tries to update but cant gain root access.

Last edited:

G2Mood

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

i just joined this forum, but i am not new to rooting devices, i will be glad to assist anyway i can

G2Mood

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

if your do you have root explorer installed just as well as su ( super-user)?:cool:

Mixmaster1190

Mar 5, 2012
Visit site

So using this...

[Root][TWRP][FFF][CWM]Kindle Fire Utility v0.9.6 (5/09/12) - xda-developers

It told you it was rooted, and when you tried to use an app that needs SU permission it wouldn't work? Try going back into twrp and reinstall your stock rom. And then start from scratch.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sorry for the long wait.
How do I do such a thing?
EDIT: Thread solved, the Kindle Fire updated itself, and I went threw the rooting process once more and now it works fine. Thank you everyone for your help :)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude