Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I replace the stock wallpapers?

I have installed other live wallpapers, moved it to system/app and removed every stock live wallpaper apk I could find, and yet every time I boot up, my wallpaper is back to one of the stock papers. I'm having the same problem with the locker. Currently I'm running Kindle Fire 6.22 rooted with GO Launcher (I don't have recovery so I cant flash a new ROM). Is there something I'm overlooking?

357 Posts
    Global Posts
    464 Global Posts
    Vicious ROM

Default Re: How do I replace the stock wallpapers?

just flash a recovery and custom ROM. I think the KF rooted 6.2.2 won't let you change wallpapers.

To change unlock screen image only try My Kindle Wallpaper, Change Kindle Fire wallpaper without rooting ! kindlecooltricks There is a qiuck flash sometimes of original bacgrounds but then straight to your image. This also kept my go launcher wallpaper from changing but it doesn't scroll ...It works well other wise and you don't have to wait one minute for timer to change wallpaper. If you are rooted it may scroll.
    Thanked by:

If you're rooted it's not that hard. You'll need root explorer. While on the go launcher screen tap and hold to change wallpaper, when asked select the option to use root explorer to change your wall paper and select the image you want. The wallpaper should now be set, but do NOT turn off the screen. With root explorer go to "/data/data/com.android.settings/files" there's a file in there called "wallpaper", push and hold on the file and select permissions and remove all write permissions. Now the kindle will not have permissions to change the wallpaper to one of it's random built in ones and it will stay in place.